Visa-free Entry to Jeju Island
Jeju Island is a special self-governing province and visitors from 180 countries are allowed to enter the island without a visa. Visitors from these 180 countries are permitted to enter Jeju Island and stay up to 30 days without Korean Visa according to “Special Law of Jeju Liberal City” with exception of designated 11 countries listed below.
- Terms for Visa-free Entry to Jeju Island
- Length of stay does not exceed 30 days.
- Those eligible must take direct routes to Jeju Island, or with Jeju Island listed as their final destination.
- Visitors from any of these 11 countries are not permitted to enter without a visa
- Ghana, Nigeria, Libya, Macedonia, Sudan, Syria, Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq, Cuba, Palestine
- Chinese Visitors
Chinese citizens holding passport issued by the People’s Republic of China, are entitled to visa-free entry to Jeju Island.
This entitlement is valid if:
- - Tourist holds a passport issued by the People’s Republic of China.
- - Tourist must join a Chinese group tourist program hosted by Korean or Chinese travel agents recognized by the Korea- China memorandum
- - Tourist arriving at the Incheon International Airport must depart from Korea through the Incheon International Airport, Gimpo International Airport or Jeju International Airport
- - Period of stay is no longer than 15 days.
It is best to consult your local consular office for the latest information with regard to visiting Korea.
If you need more information to find which visa suits you, please visit
※ Check the list of “Countries under visa exemption agreement” Click here
Invitation Letter for VISA application to visit Korea
- The invitation letter to obtain Korean Visa will be issued by the Korean Nuclear Society.
- The official invitation letter will be available to ONLY those who have completed online registration with a proper payment.
- The official invitation letter is not a commitment on the part of the organizer and host organization to provide any financial support.
- Request will be processed as a part of the online registration system. During this request, copy of your passport should be submitted.
- Sealed original copy of the official invitation letter with a copy business certificate of the host organization (Korean Nuclear Society) will be airmailed (by EMS) within three weeks after your request.
Invitation Letter for Business Trip Approval by your institution
- Access 'My Page' with your registered ID and PW.
- Click on ‘Invitation Letter’ to print out a copy of original invitation letter in color.
The invitation letter will be available to ONLY those who meet one requirement of the following after checking by secretariat.
- Registrants who have completed on-line registration process and payment.
- Authors who have accepted abstracts from WRFPM 2017 Technical Program Committee.
Notarized Invitation Letter
- If you need to receive a notarized invitation letter for visa application, you have to request by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Upon your request, the notarized letter will be sent to you by airmail within a month after your request.
- The notarized invitation letter will be available to ONLY those who have completed online registration with a proper payment.
- USD 80 will be charged for the notary and air courier (EMS) and you will be required to make the payment by wire transfer.
- If you are not sure whether you need a notarized letter of invitation for visa issuance, please check with the Korean Embassy in your country.